Shed Door Questions

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
Blindfolded

Shed Door Questions

Post by Blindfolded » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

Good morning, everyone.

Brand new to these forums and have been watching a lot of videos on shed framing, however, for the life of me. I cannot figure out the rough framing to a 6x7 roll up door. Are the rough openings the same as a garage door? 3" inch wider than the door so when the jambs are added it's dead on? Same apply to the height? 1.5" taller until the 2x material is added? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Blindfolded

Shannon

Re: Shed Door Questions

Post by Shannon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Its been a while since I have done one but I believe that is correct . Also the room above the opening is important as well so there is room for the rolled up door . I think for a 6-8" door you need 17" if I remember correctly.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

Blindfolded

Re: Shed Door Questions

Post by Blindfolded » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 am

Shannon wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 pm
Its been a while since I have done one but I believe that is correct . Also the room above the opening is important as well so there is room for the rolled up door . I think for a 6-8" door you need 17" if I remember correctly.
Thank you, Shannon for the reply. Thankfully I'll have a 6/12 pitch and have plenty of room in the overhead.