Solar panel

Ask your electrical related questions here
rubleannoying

Solar panel

Post by rubleannoying » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:51 am

Need solar roof top solar system equipment, But i don,t know the cost of those equipment. Any one can help me for that ?

Shannon

Re: Solar panel

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 am

check your local suppliers , prices can very drastically from area to area like anything else.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Ditto on a local guy. They can help you put together the system, and size it for your requirements.
~~ This space for rent ... apply within :mrgreen: ~~

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:41 pm

You may also have municipal rebates or other incentive programs available to help with the costs.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

rubleannoying

Post by rubleannoying » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 am

Yeah I checked on with the programs available in my state to provide discounts however it will be helpful if anyone can advice me on the things to be taken care of before entering into a contract.

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 am

rubleannoying wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 am
Yeah I checked on with the programs available in my state to provide discounts however it will be helpful if anyone can advice me on the things to be taken care of before entering into a contract.
First thing is to know what you want.
A grid tie system or a stand alone system.
Also how much power would you want to produce. This is a big one. If you want to have lots of power in December, you will need a lot of panels, and a lot of battery banks.

I'd suggest googleing 'solar system' and do a bit of research (come back and ask if you have any questions on what you read)

The next would be to get at least 3 quotes from certified solar installers. Make sure they will be pulling a permit for the job (some of these guys aren't electricians!!)
Make sure that they spell out the size of the system... Inverter watts, number of panels etc. So you can compare the quotes fairly.
~~ This space for rent ... apply within :mrgreen: ~~

clastell

Post by clastell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:58 am

Okay, so now you’ve done that… just what exactly did you do? And why do you need a solar angle calculator in the first place?

Firstly, we are making the assumption that the type of solar panel you have is photovoltaic. This is a type of panel that creates energy from sunlight rather than the heat. You might see this called a solar voltaic panel or a PV panel.

A solar thermal panel is a different type of solar panel, that works by heating up small tubes of water by getting warm in the sun’s rays. Those tubes of water can then be funneled into a swimming pool, into radiators, or anywhere else that they’re needed. Here, they will then provide heat energy and save you money on a daily basis.

But they don’t really need to be perfectly aligned with the sun in order to do their best work.

Solar photovoltaic panels on the other hand work using light from the sun in order to generate electricity. In brief, these panels have a special arrangement of electrons that become ‘excited’ when they bask in the sunlight. This then causes them to start moving and eventually to form a current. That current will be converted into a useable electrical current by a transformer and will then be delivered to your appliances in your home.

This all means that it’s really important that your panels be pointed directly at the sun. When you do this, it will ensure that the light is directly affecting the electrons and this, in turn, is what will cause them to become excited and to move in the way you want them to.