Furnace reignites randomly

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
catour

Furnace reignites randomly

Post by catour » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi, with the beginning of this heating season I noticed that my furnace burner sometimes reignites intermittently during burning. This is a high efficiency furnace and other than that strange thing it works well. I've shared a video which shows the issue. You can hear that clicking sound and see the burner goes off for a split second and then on again. This may repeat many times with random intervals until it stabilizes and goes on without interruptions. I would appreciate any suggestions on what it can be. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/ZlJiAyJSh1k

Shannon

Re: Furnace reignites randomly

Post by Shannon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 pm

I have never seen that issue before but would suspect it is a control board issue or sensor. I would have a Tech come out and diagnose it to be sure.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

catour

Post by catour » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Sure, I just want to gather more info on this before calling a technician.

emtnut

Post by emtnut » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:53 pm

I agree with Shannon, probably a bad pressure sensor.
But it could also be that the gas valve is faulty or clogged .
~~ This space for rent ... apply within :mrgreen: ~~

catour

Post by catour » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Here is a follow-up:
I finally called a gas technician who found a small amount of moisture in a tube coming to the air pressure switch. He just drained these couple drops of water three weeks ago and it seems that the issue has gone. He didn't find any other issues, like clogged drain, so now I wonder what could cause that condensation and how to prevent it. Well, at least I know what to do if it happens again.
prs.jpg
prs.jpg (93.75 KiB) Viewed 212 times

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Looks like that tube has a pretty good kink in it,could that be the issue? Not sure what that is from the picture? Is it the moisture drain ?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

catour

Post by catour » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:55 am

No, there is no kink, it just looks like this. The technician said there shouldn't have been any moisture in this pipe because it goes to the air pressure valve.