Electric door for a pool house?

Ask your electrical related questions here
Lockedupsoul

Electric door for a pool house?

Post by Lockedupsoul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:13 pm

Hello guys,
I am planning to add an electric door to my poolside. So, when I walk with wine and snacks, I won't be needing anyone to keep the door opened for me.
The door will be of 36 x 80 size, approximately. The design is in the initial stage though. It is not actually a pool but, a pool house. So, I am thinking of designing it like a garage house. But, the door will be made up of glass and steel with an electronic system. One of my friends, who has some experience with electric door repair suggested me to design the door like an electric garage road. But, I am still not sure about the sensors and technical stuff. For example, since it is going to be for a pool house, there is a higher chance that the floor will get wet and the sensors may get damaged if placed under the mat. At least, I am afraid of something like that happening. The other option is getting an optic motion sensors. But, the thing is I don't know much about this stuff and, how do they work in the real world. So, I thought of asking here. Can someone please suggest me a few ideas on a poolside electric door?

Aaron

Re: Electric door for a pool house?

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm not too familiar what's out there for residential, if anything. So my suggestion is you may want to look at doors used for commercial buildings. Many standard windowed doors that are designed to be opened with actuated motors (for people with disabilities, or just convenience).

Shannon

Re: Electric door for a pool house?

Post by Shannon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 am

What about commercial door sensors that detect motion? May not be great if you have animals or small children who can set it off by accident I suppose?
Aaron may be right the large paddle type push buttons may be better?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering pledging us on Patreon