Beginner Needs Help

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
Shannon

Re: Beginner Needs Help

Post by Shannon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:55 pm

If this is your water heater it is unlike any I have ever seen? You should only lose water through the pressure relief when there is a problem (over heating, over expansion). I have no idea whatbuilou have there and why it’s plumbed directly to another line?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:31 am

I really don't know what we're looking at here. Is this hot water heater only or do you use hot water to heat the home as well?

What you describe is also completely foreign to me, since regardless of this being a heating system or hot water only, there should not be a need for an "overflow" since they should be closed systems.

I would simply call in a local tradesman to check the system for you. If you don't know who to call, consult with trusted family and friends for whom they use or get referrals/reviews from social media.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Hmmm I don’t know nothing about those systems , so I don’t know if I will be of any help. Sorry
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Post by A. Spruce » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:01 am

Ditto, I do not have that kind of system here either. Best call in some local pros to assess.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.