PEX rings

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
VioletFrog

PEX rings

Post by VioletFrog » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:20 pm

I'm having trouble finding red and blue PEX expansion (Uponor) rings. I'm only finding white. I see you use red and blue in your videos -- do you know of any online sources for DIY folks? Thanks.

A. Spruce

Re: PEX rings

Post by A. Spruce » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:17 pm

Uponor doesn't seem to have colored rings, neither does Amazon for any brand. You might try some local plumbing suppliers that cater to contractors, many sell to the public, if they don't they can probably tell you where to find them locally.

Alternatives would be to use colored sharpies to color code your pipes or colored electrical tape.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

christoff

Post by christoff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 am

VioletFrog wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:20 pm
I'm having trouble finding red and blue PEX expansion (Uponor) rings. I'm only finding white. I see you use red and blue in your videos -- do you know of any online sources for DIY folks? Thanks.
Maybe ask them where they are available in your area.
[email protected]

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 am

It seems that the coloured ones are not readily available everywhere. Like more to do with the fact its two more items taking up shelf space so many just stock the white ones.
Spruces suggestion of colour sharpies is a good one, simply mark the rings a little after they are installed . It is recommended not to use coloured electrical tape as the adhesive can break down the pipe over a long time .
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

VioletFrog

Post by VioletFrog » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 am

Thank you.