Entrance way Solution needed

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
vic120

Entrance way Solution needed

Post by vic120 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:57 am

Hi,

I am buying a new house, The Issue is, I have a child with Autism and Keep him out of the Kitchen Dining room area

The entrance way from Living room into the dining room there a bowed archway that is 10 Ft in width

It is too big to adequately put a gate, I am looking for the most cost-effective decent solution

I had thought maybe putting up on both sides a half wall of about 3 ft each way and then Is there a door that can go there or if not I can put a gate in the midsection

I was thinking about going about 4th high

Would that be sturdy is this a feasible solution?

Also are there better Ideas, In and around the same cost that might look better and be sturdy?

Shannon

Re: Entrance way Solution needed

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:25 am

10' is to wide for a 1 piece gate or door but like you suggested two part walls or fences with gate in the middle would work ok IMO.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

A. Spruce

Re: Entrance way Solution needed

Post by A. Spruce » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 am

I second Shannon's idea. I would either install a wrought iron railing and gate, which will maintain the open and airy feel of the space, or, install a half wall with either a half door or gate in between. I'd keep the door/gate at 3' wide. Using a baby gate instead of an actual door or hinge gate may also be an option, assuming your child won't roughhouse with it.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.