Vinyl corner posts

Ask your questions regarding the exterior of your house - siding, roofing, etc.
Matt C.

Vinyl corner posts

Post by Matt C. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:10 am

Good morning Shannon. Preparing for vinyl siding of new construction. Have followed your website from the beginning. Project coming great! Soffit and facia are in. Here is the question:

How do I run the vinyl corner piece up to the bottom of the box return and past it to the soffit on the gable end? Do I use a continuous corner or switch to j channel at the bottom of the box (which I think would look wicked cheesy)?

One more thing, I have seen that some people run 20 inch coil stock metal (10 inches / 10 inches with 90 degree bend) vertically on all corners under vinyl corner pieces. Is that necessary!!?? Seems overkill but I will do it if you suggest it. I have typar and fan fold insulation around entire house.

Thanks for your time sir!

Matt C.

Shannon

Re: Vinyl corner posts

Post by Shannon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 am

If the end of the box is getting covered with siding then just cut the corner flush with bottom of the box and J will run along the bottom edge of box and across the top of the corner. If the end of the box is finished with metal then I generally will cut the corner across the bottom of the box and then notch it out and up the end of the gable /box until it reaches the soffit of the gable.I will try to get a picture later if you don't understand what I'm trying to say.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon