How to repair a plank of hardwood floor - glued on slab!

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
henning.karbstein

How to repair a plank of hardwood floor - glued on slab!

Post by henning.karbstein » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi,
I saw your excellent video "how to repair hardwood flooring" (published 6/24/2014 on youtube) where you took out and replaced one plank of (engineered or solid, not sure) hardwood floor, which was nailed to the subfloor.

I have to the exactly the same, with the only difference that my (engineered, 1/2" thick / 5" wide) hardwood floor is glued on slab.

Any chance that method would work here too? Or can I just forget it, due to the fact it's glued.

Thanks!
Henning

Shannon

Re: How to repair a plank of hardwood floor - glued on slab!

Post by Shannon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:24 pm

I have never done it but really it should be much the same except you will need to likely use a chisel to remove it from the slab, then scrape off as much excess glue as you can to get a good surface to glue to again and so the new piece ends up being as true as possible to the plane of the original .

Keep in mind that you have concrete below so cutting will take little more care. An oscillating saw would work really well IMO for the cutting and also you can get scraper blades that may remove the old glue easier then a chisel ?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon