smoke coming through the wall

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
johnypeterson

smoke coming through the wall

Post by johnypeterson » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 am

I recently moved in a semi-detached house, built in 1994. My neighbours smoke indoors, and the smoke is coming through the walls. It seems to me that most of it, at least, comes from the basement. So, I took the drywall down and discovered that the concrete wall doesn't go all the way up, but is rather continued with concrete wall starting close to the ceiling of the basement. It looks to me that there are spaces between the beams and those concrete blocks.
So, I'm thinking of spraying foam to prevent the air from going from one side of the semi to the other.
Would this solve a problem? Should I take the DIY approach or should I hire a professional?

Shannon

Re: smoke coming through the wall

Post by Shannon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:18 pm

You can use canned sprayfoam and seal up those voids. If thats all it is that will be a pretty easy DIY. Seal around any openings you can see and see if that made difference before adding drywall back on
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon