Recessed Lighting location

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
hyojiggy

Recessed Lighting location

Post by hyojiggy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:28 pm

first time in this forum.. not sure if i'm in right place. please help if not.

I'm thinking of setting up 4 recessed lights (6" diameter one) in the bedroom, and this bedroom is bit awkward in shape, especially with the "nook" . not sure how to place it right, or where about....

initially, thought of putting them from 39" and 30" away from the corner, ignoring the nook and calculating the room as 120" x 156". but after putting up the sticky's for placement, it looked bit odd.

is there anyone who's familiar with interior light design to where to put them up? see attached for the drawing of the bedroom. (sorry - i'm not a designer at all.. let me know if you need more info)

please share how you'd place the 4 recessed lights.
Attachments
Bedroom layout
Bedroom layout
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 6.15.17 PM.png (69.97 KiB) Viewed 51 times

Shannon

Re: Recessed Lighting location

Post by Shannon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:13 am

If these are around 800 to 900 lumen lights 4 should be lots and I would suggest what I have below. Now depending if it is a drywall chilling or suspended ceiling you may have to move them slightly to avoid joists or fit the ceiling grid layout.

fullsizeoutput_6b2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_6b2.jpeg (55.89 KiB) Viewed 41 times
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon