Using Self-Leveling Underlayment

Ask your questions pertaining to the interior that don't fit in the above categories
texasmuser

Using Self-Leveling Underlayment

Post by texasmuser » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:13 am

I'm going to install "click and lock" LVP over existing 12"x12" linoleum squares in a spare upstairs bedroom. The problem is that there is a "dip" - approx. 15"x30" - in one of corners of the room. It is significant enough that it needs to be leveled. I'm thinking about using that self-leveling underlayment which I've never used before.
My question: is this the right approach, or is there something more appropriate for the fix?
Thanks, in advance, for sharing your thoughts/experience!

Shannon

Re: Using Self-Leveling Underlayment

Post by Shannon » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 am

Yes that would be fine but I would remove the old tiles in that area. Old linoleum tiles are almost sure to have asbestos so keep this in mind and take the proper precautions of a proper respirator mask, turn off forced air heating , a fan in the window and working with the door closed with a towel jammed under it . You are only removing 6-8 tiles likely and IMO will be fine.
Once you have the tiles in that area removed you will want to use the primer recommended by the self leveller you are using.

How much is the "dip"?
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon