Some insulation questions.

The place for discussions that don't fit into any of the above categories
Navin

Some insulation questions.

Post by Navin » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:40 pm

1. I have a bedroom with a cathedral celing and a crawl space. The room gets pretty cold in winter I am thinking using spray foam for insulating both ceiling and crawl space. Is that a good idea?
2. I am also thinking of using spray foam for rim joist area and as basement seems pretty drafty. Is that the right thing to do?
3. My attic has cellulose insulation. It get's pretty dusty looking when I go there. I also have an air handler in attic. Should I just have ceiling of attic (roof) spary foam insulated?

Shannon

Re: Some insulation questions.

Post by Shannon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:30 pm

Sprayfoam in the bedroom floor and chilling and rim joist is a good idea. As for the attic I would say it is not necessary IMO but would be fine as well.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Navin

Post by Navin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 am

Thanks Shannon. I will do bedroom and basement first. See how that goes, will leave the attic as is for now.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:35 am

Good plan
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon