Sharkbite fittings for inside the wall or underneath the flooring

Discuss plumbing related issues here - pex, drains, etc.
Friedfrog

Sharkbite fittings for inside the wall or underneath the flooring

Post by Friedfrog » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Would you recommend Sharkbite fittings underneath flooring or inside drywall? This is and old house. Most of plumbing drain and water line are copper. I am remodeling my bathroom and will to modify some plumbing.

Invest777

Re: Sharkbite fittings for inside the wall or underneath the flooring

Post by Invest777 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:55 pm

I don't see any issue with installing shark bites in those areas, it's adequate advanced plumbing and it going to do the same thing as the copper couplings.

If you questioning it because you think it may leak ?when installed correctly I haven't had an sharkbite leak on me once. Plus all connectors, pipes etc have a potential of failure.

Friedfrog

Post by Friedfrog » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Thanks for advice. I like working with sharkbite fittings. Just wanted hear from people who had more experience working with these fittings.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:00 pm

There are many who do not think it is right but they are allowed to be used in concealed areas. I have done it myself in tight areas where soldering could be dangerous and on shower valves all the time.
If you've found our videos or website information helpful, please considering making a donation using PayPal or pledging us on Patreon

Friedfrog

Post by Friedfrog » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:33 am

Shannon wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:00 pm
There are many who do not think it is right but they are allowed to be used in concealed areas. I have done it myself in tight areas where soldering could be dangerous and on shower valves all the time.
Thank you Shannon.